25/04/2012

Veggy Pie





I had another amazing day!!? Woke up listening to BoB Marley, as yesterday we went to see the movie, Marley, very good movie by the way, I strongly recommend it!


So this morning I was trying to balance writing about Corporate Social Responsibility and listening to One Love, obviously it didn’t go that well and after an hour I went straight back to my bed. Then I started the day, a food shopping day! Me and Mrs. Johnson went to the big Tesco on Navan Road and we made sure we did not skip an aile and accidentally I run into this amazingly low fat eat in the rain frozen yogurt 



I had to have it, could not wait, but Tesco is not that fancy as M&S and they did not have a spoon so, my Mrs. who’s very innovative, told me to use the lid of the milk as a spoon! Happy days after 10 minutes the amazing ice-cream was gone and 50% of it was on all over my face! We then took the 39A back to town and had to listen to some mad kiddo’s listening to commercial shit on their IPhone, headphones are not cool anymore, and haven’t they got it, that today is my Rastafari day? 

Anyway we then met a crazy friend on the way, with his brand new skateboard J Went to the Polish shop and then spent about an hour in the Asian shop right beside, looking at some mad stuff to then buy coconut creamer and the best value coconut oil I have found so far. Then Aldi…29 cent for two kg of potatoes…can bit that! Met another friend and went for few pints in Fibbers…god that place in the daytime looks completely different!!!Back home I baked bread, and attempted to replicate a pie I had last Saturday at Temble Bar Market, I almost guessed the recipe right!!




Shopping Lists

Pastry
200 g of all purpose flour
125 g of butter
60 ml cold water (approximately)
Pinch of salt

The Inside
200 g of mushroom
100 g of broccoli
200 g of aubergine
100 g of carrots
150 g of courgette
1 bunch of spring onion
1 fresh chili
  50 g of olives
  50 g of sundried tomatoes
200 g of crème fresh (I used the low-fat version)
2 eggs
Balsamic Vinegar
Extra virgin olive oil
Dried of fresh herbs of choice (I used parsley, thyme and herbs the Provence)
Kucharek or other seasoning powder / Salt and Pepper t.t

Let’s get on with this

  1. Put the flour and the salt in a large bowl and then add the cubes of butter
  2. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour
  3. Then add enough of the cold water to bind the dough together
  4. Wrap the dough in cling foil and let it chill into the fridge for 10-15 minutes before using
  5. Cut all the vegetable and place them in a bowl and add a balsamic vinegar and oil (approximately 2 tablespoon of each or more if you wish)
  6. In another bowl whisk away the eggs with the cream fresh, add salt and pepper or seasoning
  7. Roll the pastry and place it into a baking tray (don’t forget to grease the baking paper or the tray with either butter or oil)  then with a fork make some holes
  8. Then add the vegetables and pour over the egg and crème fresh mixture
  9. Cover with another layer of pastry, if you want you can skip the extra layer and just towards the end, add a nice layer of cheese
  10. Cook for 20-30 minutes at 180°



Veggy pie ready! Can’t wait for lunch!


No comments:

Post a Comment