15/04/2012

Irregular pasta

I really like spontaneous nights, me and Magda went out after my work (I finish at 2AM), we went to the only place, at least from appearance, looked to be the only one open in town, the Workman’s Club, after queuing for a couple of hours ;-) I am only messing, they are a bit quicker than that! So we finally made it and got two pints, went out for a cheeky smoke and someone complement my ankles, I thought, what a freak!! But then he invited us for a smoke! Was quite fun then was time to go home, and believe me -1 cycling is no fun. My hands froze completely, ice-pop fingers and may be the name for the next recipe ;-) so here is our power lunch!!


Shopping Lists
For the pasta
300 gr. of all purpose flour
2 eggs
1 teaspoon of salt 
Water 
Extra flour 

Pimp them up
200 gr. Cestnut mushroom
100 gr. of asparagus
1 clove of garlic 
1 onion
150 gr. of ricotta cheese or 150 ml. of fresh cream (is probably nicer with fresh cream, but you know I am scared of fresh cream)
1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar
Fresh or dry parsley
Salt & Pepper t.t

Let’s get on with this 
  1. Mix the flour the eggs and the salt in a large bowl
  2. Slowly add the water (about 50 – 80 ml)
  3. Work the dough with your hand, possibly on a wooden board 
  4. If the dough is too sticky then add some flour, it has to be quite elastic, work it for about 10 minutes
  5. Make a ball and then let it rest for about 30 minutes (I put it into the fridge)
  6. Flour your work surface take the dough out of the fridge and start to roll out the dough and flouring it as necessary to keep it from sticking 
  7. Make a large sheet and cut it into irregular squares (I am the queen of irregular cutting)and  let them rest on a flour plate meanwhile cut all the vegetable you need for the sauce
  8. Then in a sauce pan fry the garlic and the onion then add the asparagus and then the mushroom and let them cook in balsamic vinegar 
  9. When ready add the ricotta or fresh cream and the parsley
  10. Mix the sauce with the pasta and then top it up with parmesan cheese or any other cheese!!

Enjoy a healthy and fun Sunday Lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment