08/04/2012

3 AM Mess


Wow I did not cook anything interesting this week, someone is stealing my precious blogging time ;-) Today is Easter  Sunday, generally at home we have a massive lunch, with lots and lots of food and then again on Monday! But I haven’t been home in 5 years for Easter and today I am working so no massive lunch for me! But I woke up to a nice surprise, my flat mate just left on the table two Lindt bunnies and few eggs, ok I have already had 3 and I only woke up 5 minutes ago! They all be gone before the portable whiskey distillery that is in my room will get up! Sure he does not need to find out ;-) He does not eat before 5 o’clock anyway ;-) so yesterday I wanted to replicate the chocolate tart that we sell in the pub, since the chef told me the recipe! But was 3 AM when I started and then suddenly realized that I had no butter for the base, my Easter week-end sous-chef, Magda is in the Sunny East costs, precisely in the beautiful city of Wexford, Wexford Town, decided to add yogurt instead of butter, now it did work out a bit but was not that solid so we decided to mix everything together and this is what came out :-)



Shopping list
300 gr. of digestive biscuits
5 tablespoon of sugar of (3 of Agave Nectar)
100 gr. of cocoa powder
2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
25 ml. of Whiskey (or more if you wish)
50 gr. of butter
50 ml. of milk or water

Let’s get on with this

  1. Melt the butter in pan and add the cocoa powder, the 3 tablespoons of sugar and the water or milk and the whiskey, until you get a nice creamy paste, chocolate spread kin of texture
  2. Crush the digestive with 2 tablespoons of sugar and the cinnamon
  3. Mix it all together
  4. Place it in tray and let it chill overnight or for at least 4/5 hour


    In writing this recipe I consumed already 7 Lindt eggs!  Happy Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment