15/03/2012

Red Lentils Hummus



Roller skating in Phoenix Park is so much fun! Without realizing I did 7km today which is not a bad record counting the fact that last night I was out drinking J ! Came back home, absolutely starving once again! Me and Magda did have Burek and frozen yogurt …this time I did not guess the weight I think I might have lost my super useful talent! Anyway so came back to the point today I decided to make something new! Yesterday my flat mate made some red lentils in tomatoes sauce so I turn them into hummus, made some flat bread and voilĂ ! Now I have just finished to make some chocolates …I do not think is going to work out, will find out tomorrow morning!


Shopping lists
80 gr. of dried red split lentils (30gr. of dried red slpit lentils are about 84 gr. when cooked)
 2 tablespoons of tomatoes paste
1 clove of garlic
2 tablespoon of tahini
1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
Salt t.t

For the bread
100 gr. of white all purpose flour
3 tablespoons more or less until you get a nice elastic dough
1 teaspoon of dry oregano
Salt. tt

Let’s get on with this
1.    Boil the red split lentils for about 40 minutes
2.    Make the flatbread by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl and let it rest for about 20 minutes covered with a cloth
3.  Place the lentils, tahini, oil, garlic and salt, tomato pasta in the mixer and voila
4.  Take the dough and using a rolling pin roll it as thin as you like (I hopeyou are better than me at shaping the bread )
5.  Place the dough on a frying pan (no need for oil, but if you like more tasty feel free to ad it)
6.   Cook the bread until it get slightly brown
7.  While is hot place the hummus on the bread and if you want add spinach, fresh tomatoes and feta and a drizzle of olive oil or just cut the bread and dip it in the hummus 

Colorful, healty and deliciuos too

No comments:

Post a Comment