Wow tomorrow is St. Patrick looking forward to it? I am, but is raining! Anyway the St.Paddy festivity would start tonight at least for us! So yesterday I was saying that I wanted to make homemade chocolates…and I thought they would not turn out right, but surprise surprise they actually did and they are very nice, simple, light and cheap to make at home so go on try them!!
5 tablespoons of Cocoa Powder
25 gr. of margarine or butter
2 tablespoons of agave nectar you can add sugar or more nectar if you like it more sweet (I love bitter chocolateJ)
2 tablespoons of hot water (or a bit more until you get a nice creamy paste, chocolate spread kin of texture)
For the top
Let's get on with this
- Melt the butter or margarine in a frying pan
- Switch off the cooker and add the cocoa powder
- Mix it well by slowly adding the hot water
- When you will get the right consistency, take out one of those ice cube maker and add some nuts at the bottom or some almond powder or whatever you like (chili, orange zest, mint, anything goes well with chocolate really) ! This will prevent them to stick to the plastic, I am sure that if you will grease them with the butter it would be ok too!
- Pour over the chocolate mixture
- Let it cool down at room temperature for about 10 minutes
- Place then into the fridge, I left them for 8 hours, plus 30 minutes in the freezer, maybe 5 hours in a normal fridge would do!!