08/08/2012

Gluten Free Zucchini Tart





I am taking a break from social media, but definitely not from cooking. Many things happen in the last few weeks that I didn’t get a change to write some stuff! We went to a festival and then we moved to a new home, in the fancy and fashionable Stoneybatter where the Spice Girls video Stop Right Now was filmed! 



When I was young I obviously, was a big fan of them, I thought I was Mel C, Sporty Spice, as I have always been into sports, although at the time, the last thing I had was an athletic body! So when few days ago Magda, Annie and me watched that video I remembered me and my friends dancing and singing in front of the fire place in my house in the country side…and now just a few years later, I don’t like to think that was 1997, I am living in here! Anyway yesterday our Stoneybatter neighbors Kate and Alan and our not so much of a neighbor,as he lives in Dublin 8 but always more than welcome, Federico came over for our first official dinner in the house! I obviously made a couple of things including a Caprese cake…which I am going to bring today to work to get a chief opinion, then I will publish the recipe. So this is what we had as main course…Gluten Free Zucchini and Goat cheese tart!


Shopping List
Pastry
250 g of Gluten free plain flour
150 g of butter
50 ml of cold water
250 g of ricotta cheese
1 egg

The good Stuff
150 g of goat cheese
200 g of zucchini
100 g of white onion
1 clove of garlic
1 tablespoon of Dry Basil
1 tablespoon of  Dry Oregano
Extravergine Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper t.t







Lets Get on With this 
  1. Put the flour and the salt in a large bowl and then add the cubes of butter
  2. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour
  3. Then add enough of the cold water to bind the dough together
  4. Wrap the dough in cling foil and let it chill into the fridge for 30 minutes before using
  5. In a frying pan cook the onion and the garlic until translucent and then add most of the zucchini finely chopped , season according to taste and cook until tender. You don't need to cook the zucchini first but fry them with onion and garlic gives them extra taste!
  6. In another bowl mix the ricotta and the egg and add the cooked courgette
  7. Gluten free flour is quite difficult to roll, so instead of rolling it just place it gently in the baking try and spread it evenly with your fingertips, then make some holes with a fork
  8. Then place the mixture, add a layer of goat cheese and add some courgette on the top
  9. Cook for 20-30 minutes at 180°


Voila ready to taste...

No comments:

Post a Comment