05/07/2012

Mediteranean Pie



Yesterday I cycled like a lunatic, all around Phoenix Park for about one hour an half, while dancing and singing to daft-punk. I bet whoever saw me had a laugh seeing a crazy girl on a white and red racer bike, massive flowery shirt dancing and singing  “Harder, Better, Stronger”. I probably scared few people off too! But I have to say that Daft Punk +  Racer bike + Park were a perfect formula that helped me to clear my head for a bit,  although I still a bit  confuse, but that’s my nature!… well I felt great at least until I stopped and realize what I was doing! My friend Annie, a double espresso and an amazing gluten free cheese cake me brought back to reality, but just for a while because I found myself rocking again on North Circular road! Miraculously I made it home, as I don’t think it is advised to listen to your IPod while cycling in the traffic, thinking that you are in the techno tent at some festival! Once I got in  I baked this…



Shopping List

Pastry
200 g of all purpose flour
125 g of butter
60 ml cold water (approximately)
Pinch of salt

The Inside
300 g of ricotta cheese
150 g of greated parmesan cheese
2 eggs
50 g of sundried tomatoes
80 g of black olives
150 g of goat cheese
Few leaves of fresh basil or a 2 teastpoon of dried basil
Salt & Pepper t.t

Let's get on with this
  1. Put the flour and the salt in a large bowl and then add the cubes of butter
  2. Use your fingertips to rub the butter into the flour
  3. Then add enough of the cold water to bind the dough together
  4. Wrap the dough in cling foil and let it chill into the fridge for 10-15 minutes before using
  5. In another bowl mix all the other ingredients together until you get a rather smooth mixture
  6. Roll the pastry and place it into a baking tray (don’t forget to grease the baking paper or the tray with either butter or oil)  then with a fork make some holes
  7. Add the mixture
  8. Cook for 20-30 minutes at 180°


Delicious! This pie is great the day after as well, if you can manage to keep some of it!



This is the tune of the day...I think I have listened to it about 30 times today well still a great tune






2 comments:

  1. That's a gorgeous pie!! Yum Yum..
    http://aromaticdining.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I love pie as you can see! Love your blog I need to try to make your date cake as I am a big fun of healty baking ;-)

    ReplyDelete