05/03/2012

Spinach and Feta Light Pie

Today I woke up and went to college singing Chim Chim Cheer-ee http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te_Nv3lMUnA, so you can understand  what a great start!!
When you don’t have a office job and you are a full time waster, Mondays are not so bad! So yesterday I was watching Jamie, so dreamy! He made this amazing, bubbly filo pastry pie filled with feta cheese and spinach, which of course looked so yummy that I had to make it! Now I am a bit of “low-fat” freak so I made my own version, I am sure Jamie’s taste much better, but mine was not that shabby after all! Since it was a very inspiring Monday I also made homemade mixed seeds and olives brown bread, onion and mushroom soup and custard and plum tart…I will soon upload the rest of the feast! 


Shopping Lists
1 pack of Phyllo pastry
500 gr. of fresh spinach
500 gr. of fresh low fat polish cheese or ricotta
150 gr. of low fat polish feta cheese
150 gr. of parmesan
1 clove of garlic
1 medium onion
1 egg
Rosemary (or Tyme)
Salt & Pepper t.t

Let’s get on with this
  1. Cook the onions and the garlic in a pan (going to use it as a tray after, unscrew the pan handler if is plastic, like my genius friend Magda did) with olive oil until soft and turning golden then add the spinach cook until sagging
  2. When the mixture is cool put them into a bowl and mix in the nutmeg, feta, parmesan, egg, rosemary and add salt & peppers t.t.
  3. Wash under the water a piece of baking paper and then put the first sheet of filo in the tin and brush with oil or water keep going with the rest of the sheets, I put four of them but you can put as more.
  4. Place the filo pastry in the pan and add the filling and close it up, do not worry if it breaks a bit (little trick don’t wet it too much)
  5. Bake it in the oven for about 20-30 minutes at 180° until the filo is crisp and golden. Leave for 5 minutes before turning out and cutting into wedges to serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment