07/02/2012

Butternut Squash Gnocchi

Butternut squash gnocchi are one of these dishes that I love, a bit like all food I eat. But this in particular reminds me of home. Butternut squash gnocchi were the first on my "request list". I always have one when I go home! Now, that I have learned how to make it myself, for some reason before I thought I would not be able to make it, but they are actually quite easy and quick, they are ready in few minutes, once the butternut squash is ready of course!


Shopping List
600 gr. of boiled or roosted butternut squash
150 gr. of all purpose flour
100 gr. of parmesan cheese
1 egg
25 gr. of butter or 2 tablespoon of olive oil
10 leaves of sage
Few amaretti (optional)
Seasoning to taste


Lets get on with it
1.     Boil the butternut squash or place it in the oven as you prefer until soft
2.     Peal it and smashed it, using one of this lovely kitchen appliances for mash, or with a fork if you like me do not have any useful instruments
3.     Add the egg , the parmesan and the flour salt to taste, mix them together until you get a quite soft mixture
4.     Use the water of the butternut squash and bring it to boil (add. Salt)
5.     Using two tablespoons make gnocchi and pass the mix from one to another one and then release them into the water, you can use a sac-à-poche , if once again you have fancy stuff
6.     While the gnocchi are cooking in a saucepan melt butter, garlic and sage
7.     Place the gnocchi in a tray and poor over the sage and butter sauce, cover with crush amaretti and parmesan and place them in the oven for few minutes

Ready, Steady go…ready to taste these mouthwatering butternut squash gnocchi, I am certainly ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment