12/01/2012

Creamy Butternutty Soup

When I try to study I come up, with all sort of stuff,  obviously not college related. So between a marketing communication technique and another I was thinking about what to cook for lunch....so I remembered that we had a bit of butternut squash in the fridge and some sage from "my land" and I decided to make this soup or better this cream




Shopping Lists
600 gr. of peeled butternut squash
2 vegetable stock cubes
2 garlic cloves 
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil 
1/4 bunch fresh sage 
Salt and freshly ground black pepper 
Parmesan 
Pine nuts


Let's get on with it
1. Cut squash into 1-inch chunks add water and the stock and cook until translucent, about 8 minutes
2. Remove squash chunks with slotted spoon and place in pot with garlic olive oil and sage an fried it gently for a minute or so
3. Place the squash chuck in the blender and puree
4. Stir and season salt and pepper, add a bit of Parmesan and some pine nuts


And there you go...your cream is ready to be served

No comments:

Post a Comment